Engage with your peers with the QList! This discussion group offers an exclusive method to communicate with fellow QSC members about new ideas and the latest news in the industry.
What is a ListServe?
A ListServe is a conversation that is conducted online via e-mail. To join the conversation, you do the following:
- Join the List. Subscribe to the QSCList by clicking here and filling out the form. This is a closed list, which means your subscription will be held for approval. You will be notified of the list moderator’s decision by email.
- Wait for Welcome e-mail. Wait a little while and then check your e-mail. You will receive a message in response to your request stating that you have or have not been subscribed to the QSC-List. If you have been subscribed, you will receive a Welcome e-mail with instructions on how to make changes to the way you receive the QSC-List. Save this for future reference. Now you are ready to participate.
How it Works
Once you’ve subscribed, it’s as simple as addressing an e-mail to the List address, firstname.lastname@example.org. But before you do, please review the following caveats:
- Do not send attachments. The ListServe is meant for text conversation. It will accommodate “total” message size of 25kb (pretty small, as attachments go, and pretty large as text messages are concerned). If you are not sure, don’t attach it.
- Talk to the group at large. Remember that the messages you send should be designed to inform or elicit discussion from the entire List. Personal discussions are better conducted in private.
- Read Rules and Etiquette (see below) for ListServe participation.
Access the QSClist System
Conversation Archive: A full history of the conversation, with a Search engine and instructions for how to search, will always be available in the QSCList Archive. The Archive will give you convenient access to the entire conversation. Browse through manually or use the Search to find key words in the body of messages sent to the list.
ListServe – Rules and Etiquette
By joining and using the QSC ListServe (Q-List), you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and etiquette set for QSC’s discussion groups. You also agree to reserve list discussions for topics best suited to the medium. Basic questions on association policies and or issues should be directed to the appropriate QSC staff member or a QSC Trustee.
Disclaimer and Rules
This ListServe is provided as a service of the Quality Service Contractors (QSC). QSC accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. In particular, restraint must be exercised in making any comments concerning a specific company or individual. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants QSC and users of this list the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
QSC is committed to adhering strictly to United States antitrust laws and all Q-List discussions, Peer Group discussions and Power Meeting seminars are conducted in accordance with the PHCC Antitrust Policy. Messages should not be posted on the Q-List or discussed in Peer Groups and Power Meetings if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another’s business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Discussions that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate and should avoid any reference to competitive terms including the following: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
QSC does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not, on its own, undertake editorial control of postings; and we disclaim any obligation to do so. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to QSC’s attention, QSC reserves the right to take all appropriate action, including without limitation removal of material which in our sole discretion violates these Rules and/or termination of access to any user who in our sole discretion does not abide by these Rules.
By using this ListServe you agree to be bound by these Rules and you indemnify QSC and its officers, directors and agents for any liabilities or reasonable expenses, including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees, any of them incur as a result of your violation of these Rules.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location, and e-mail address.
- Do not send attachments through the ListServe. If you have a document to share, send it directly to the individual who requested it, or to the appropriate QSC staff member for distribution.
- State concisely and clearly the specific topic of the comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as “thanks for the information” or “me, too” to individuals-not to the entire list. Do this by using your e-mail application’s forwarding option and typing in or cutting and pasting in the e-mail address of the individual to whom you want to respond.
- Do not send messages with content relating to Religious, Political or Sexual discussion or comments.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list, through the list server. Instead, use the Web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from the list. Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says, “Long Message.”
- Be courteous. Do not challenge or attack others. The discussions on the list are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything in a ListServe message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules above, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the list.
- Remember that QSC and other e-mail list participants have the right to reproduce postings to this ListServe.